Tuesday 27 July 2010

Girl's Night In!

As promised, a closer look at the tissue holder for a fun night in watching movies with the girls.  I have a confession to make, don't tell a soul!  I just love a good 'ole fashioned soppy "chick flick" more than anything.  What a fun way to invite your friends over to watch one with you.  This is a really easy project to do too.  I simply started with a piece of decorative cardstock that was approximately 4 1/2" x 11" in size.  If you do not want the back piece to be as high as mine, then cut the length down on your cardstock.  Then you are going to score it at 3/4",   3",   3 3/4"  and   6" so that the score lines will be running between the shorest side of the cardstock.  In other words, all score lines will only be 4 1/2" long at the intervals given above.  I hope that makes sense.  Cut an oval opening in the centre of the larger scored section at approx. 2 1/4" .  I layered a blue nestibility frame over that opening, that is optional.  Apply double-sided tape to the 3/4" flap and fold all your score lines so that it forms a cover for your tissue packet.  Slide your tissue packet in from the side (Note you might have to cut an opening in the packet before hand as most of these now open on the end of the packages)  The back panel should be sticking up and ready for you to decorate as you like. The movie and showtime stamps provide the perfect way to decorate this cute project. The entire project takes very little time to complete but looks like it took you hours!  Your friends will be so impressed!  Hope you enjoy it!  All for now, Sue x

27 comments:

joanne wardle said...

hee hee this could have been made for me! I cry at everything! I have been known to cry at adverts!

Ms. Jen said...

What a great idea! I love soppy chick flicks too. Sometimes I can even get my son to watch one with me late at night when nobody's lookin! LOL

Diane said...

What a neat idea! Super cute project!

Julie said...

What a fun idea,love it!

Lynne said...

saw the show today and loved the techniques you did. Tissue card excellent - mop up either the tears of saddness or laughter! Keep then coming. x

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

What a cute project...TFS!!!

Lorraine said...

this is brilliant sue i love it xx

Topcho said...

Perfect for a film marathon of romantic heartbreaking movies with the girls! Or why not comedies that make you cry form laughing :D It's great anyway!

Sew This N That said...

Thanks for sharing the dimensions Sue! I was 1/4 the way through watching you on C&C this morning when the bloomin sky went off, I was horrified! Took me 5 minutes before I realised I could watch it on my laptop ROFL. Really enjoyed the show hun :0)
*hugs* Heather x

Lesley S said...

I have ordered the set and hope to make cards/gift card wallet and decorate bags for sweets. Your demos as usual were brilliant and always learn new techniques. Thanks Sue.

Rosietoes said...

What a fun idea Sue. The show came to a grinding halt before it was half way through this morning so I'll be looking out for the repeat tonight.
Look forward to seeing the rest of the demos. Loved the 'granite' idea.

Edna x

Annie said...

Cool - really brill.
Ann xxx

Irena said...

Great idea.

The Taming of the Glue said...

The show was great (as always!) Thanks for the measurements.

Sarpreet said...

wow! this so gorgeous and unique. I love your style. I agree - i could watch you and your ideas forever! your show was so enjoyable to watch.

Lynne Fahey said...

Got home from work and just finished watching the show I recorded today.... wow, what can I say Sue, you've done it again!!!
Great idea, love it... and I really enjoyed the show. See you in a few weeks! :)

Luv Lynney
xxx

Papercraft By Carole said...

Love this idea! Thanks Sue. Cx

fairie said...

Perfect gift for the girls!! I love it. :)

Unknown said...

Great Idea, Sue. Missed the show but hoping to catch a repeat. See you soon. Love, Julia xx

Irena said...

Gorgeous creation.

sam21ski said...

Recorded your programme and just watched it, love the popcorn xxxx

miislucky said...

Now this is really cute! This is great for any soppy film. I know I always need a tissue after watching one. Love the popcorn. Great idea! Thanks for your inspiration.

Mimi :)

Ann said...

Fabulous idea - love it, thanks for sharing Sue!! xx

Simonne said...

it's so beautiful! I've no words! Wow!

tracey said...

great what a fab idea, must have a go

KimberleyG said...

Cute idea!

carol said...

What a fantastic idea, excellent card x

Carol X

http://emmeraldcraftycards.blogspot.com/