Thursday 6 October 2011

Black and Red and Cream, Oh My!

Good morning blog friends!  How about going in the opposite direction as yesterdays post and try black and red and cream for a nice contrast.  I love black and red together as it is always so striking.  I added some cream to the mix to help my focal element stand out from the background a bit.  What do you think of the black rhinestone Nestabling I've used around both of the nestie shapes?  It will be in stock very soon as it is one of the new shapes that was released at the summer CHA show.  I picked up a few samples there and this is how I used them.  The lace doily border was used around the edge of the card to "girl" it up a little as well as some black lace from my craft stash.  Using the basque red vintage ribbon, I ruched it to make a border on my card and finished it with a messy bow (a messy bow is one where the loops go any way they want to end up!), a button with a bit of jute tied through it and a couple of the black decorative stick pins.  I matted the card with some more cream card to balance it and finish it off.  This is definitely a quickie card that you can do in a pinch.  Try different colour combos for variety and to suit your needs.  I would love your feedback on this one.  All for now, Sue x

32 comments:

Chloe's Nan said...

Another beautiful card Sue, I love the rhinestone nestabling, it gives the die cut a lovely edge.

Unknown said...

Very sexy card! The edgeability die is gorgeous. Love, Julia xxx

Uta said...

This is a beautiful card. I like the colour combo red and black.

Hugs, Uta

Bee and Dee said...

Wow great card and fun, I have just done an orange girlie card way out of my comfort zone. Hugs Bee

Maryann Laursen said...

WOUWwhat an awesome card. I love this colorcombo here, it looks so elegant. Great work hun, as always.

Soo said...

I'm loving the Nestabling - not least because I think the name is genius! :)

Craftypurpledragon said...

Hi Sue,
I may have to 'borrow' this colour combination for some of my Christmas and Yule cards as its so striking you dont need to add a lit to it.
Love and Light.
Suz x

Rita said...

Stunning colour combinations Sue. You have just inspired me again to try something that would be out of my normal comfort zone. The finished card is Fabulous and very classy. Hugs Rita xx

eileen.fj said...

Hi Sue
Yet another stunning card-must try the Nestabling.

Eileen x

Kate's Cards said...

More striking work Sue.

Sandra F said...

I don't know how you keep on coming up with all these beautiful cards. I love the look of the nestabling and am looking forward to getting some when it is available here

Fiona said...

Love the lace border

Clai01 said...

I like cards with lace on them especially black or cream, loving the black nestabling too, it reminded me of perhaps an idea for a valentine card, maybe with red roses too. I love the ruched ribbon, velvet maybe nice too as an alternative , gorgeous card !

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is so elegant. TFS.

Anonymous said...

Great card, brilliant colours for xmas. love the ruched ribbon.
Barbara Phillips

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

Very red light district !! Love the colours a good one for valentines I think ! You say quick card I say 2 hours for me !!

Inkypinkycraft said...

A real difference to the one before, me I prefer the White but it is definitely a striking combo sue .trace x

issy said...

ooh la la,a very french feel to this one Sue.
its stunning

issy

KimberleyG said...

I love the lace, pins and nestabling. I picked up some nestabling this spring and haven't been able to part with it on a card yet.

Wellington said...

Absolutely stunning - very striking. Red's one of my fave colours,but I rarely get to use it on my cards

PaulineC said...

Gorgeous choice of colours yet again. Love the nestabling.

Missmizog said...

Another amazing card...!

Christine said...

Sue, you are always on a winner as all your designs are fabulous and this is another one.
Love the colours and the Nestabling looks another must have.
Hugs
Christine xx

PS I had the all clear today re my eye, so back to crafting, YIPEEEE

Joanne K said...

Gosh what a gorgeous card. Love that one of red X

Rufus said...

Nestabling (what a great name) is lovely on the red, but I love the lace and the rouched ribbon!
R/

DEBBIE said...

SUE NICE CARD
FROM DEBBIE

Anonymous said...

Simply stunning, as always!
Barbara Daines

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Marie-Louise

Rachelsmum said...

Just caught up with all your lovely cards, I especially like the black and cream one a few posts back - so chic. This one is very ladies boudoir - it has a french Moulin Rouge feel to it- oo la la !! I love what you do with ribbon Sue, you're the ribbon queen xxxx sue

Carole Z said...

Gorgeous! Can't wait to get to try the Nestabling!

Neha Jain said...

stunning red and black

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

A stunning card! Red and Black is always a good combination, but with the added Cream it really makes it striking.

Happy Crafting!!! :) X X